How To Crop A Video
Despite all the care and attention we put into framing our videos on location, there are bound to be some shots that are not perfect. Maybe there’s something just on the edge of frame that wasn't noticed during the shoot. Maybe you want to reframe just a little tighter. This can all be done in the edit by cropping the video. Read on to learn how to get started.
You can crop a video or photo so that only the area you select appears during playback. Note that cropping is not destructive—it does not affect the original video or photo. You can change the crop area in your project file at any time.
1. Install VideoStudio
To install VideoStudio video editing software on your PC, download and run the installation file above. Continue following on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
2. In the Timeline, click a video or photo.
3. In the Player panel, click the Resize/Crop drop-down and choose the Crop tool.
4. In the preview window, do any of the following:
- Size: Drag the sizing handles on the crop rectangle to set the crop area. Drag a corner handle to maintain the aspect ratio.
- Position: With your pointer inside the crop rectangle, drag the crop area to a new position.
Download a free trial now and start cropping video today
VideoStudio’s video editing tools allow you to quickly and easily crop video to remove unwanted parts of your video.
VideoStudio does more than just crop videos
Check out some of the other video editing features in VideoStudio, like edit 360 videos, remove lens distortion, make a split-screen video, and more! Create high quality videos in a fun and easy to use video editor and make your movies stand out more than ever.
Download the best video cropping solution out there
Remove unwanted sections of your video scene. We promise you'll love the easy-to-use video cropping features in VideoStudio. Click below to download your free 30-day trial and crop your videos for free before you buy!