There are over 1.5 billion users on YouTube who watch videos every month. You can use the platform to share, educate, and entertain people by sharing videos. If you want to share videos on YouTube for fun or to make money, you can easily do so. It is easy, quick, and free. The following is a guide on uploading a video on YouTube on a computer. You can also find our guides for uploading from iPads and iPhones on our website.
How to upload to YouTube
So how do you upload a video to YouTube? Here's how to go about it.
Create an account
The first step is creating a YouTube account. Go to YouTube and set up an account if you don't have one. You can use your Google account for YouTube and Gmail, among other platforms. If you have a Google account, you are automatically logged in to YouTube.
Before you begin uploading the video, start by doing a basic setup. You need to set up a profile image and upload a banner that meets the size specifications set by YouTube. This step is necessary to provide credibility to your videos.
Choose a file to upload
Once you log in to YouTube, the next step is to choose the video you want to upload. YouTube has made it easier to upload videos. All you have to do is click the upload button that you'll find at the top right of your homepage. You can have a video format in major file types including .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .avi and .m4v. If you are using any other formats, you have to convert them using software before you can upload them on YouTube. You can choose to drag and drop the file or select from your files. Also, check out our guide on uploading HD videos and long videos.
Choose the privacy setting
- Public: Anyone can view your video and share the URL. Most engaging, entertaining, and educational videos are public.
- Unlisted: The video won't show up on your channel or search. Only people you share it with can share or send the URL.
- Private: You'll be the only one with access to the video. It won't appear in searches or on your channel. It's only you and the users you choose who can see the video.
- Schedule: You can choose a future time and date when your video goes public. Learn more about how timing your video uploads influences visibility with this article.
Upload your video
You can see the video upload status on your status bar. After uploading the video, it begins to process. You can also see that in the status bar.
Add title, description, and tag
Your YouTube title is important and you should make it relevant to what people search for. Google values the title when ranking your video in search results. Don't forget to add descriptions and tags as well.
Choose a thumbnail image
You'll have three choices of thumbnail images. The thumbnail image is visible on your channel, suggested video previews, and where your video has been embedded.
Edit your YouTube video page
From your video's page, you can access annotations, enhancements, closed captions, and settings. You can also go to the channel manager or video analytics on the same page.
Share and promote your video
Now that you have uploaded your video, the last thing is to promote it. You can get the most out of your video by adding annotations and encouraging users to subscribe to the YouTube channel.
How to upload to YouTube from VideoStudio
You can share your video projects on YouTube in 3D and 2D formats. When you sign in to your VideoStudio for the first time, you'll have to authorize the connection between your online account and VideoStudio. Through authorization, it becomes easier to exchange information and successfully upload your video. You can upload your videos using a VideoStudio. Here's how to upload a video to YouTube from a computer.
1. Go to the shared workspace, and click on the web button.
2. Click on the YouTube button.
3. Fill in the necessary information.
Fill information like the video title, privacy settings, description, and additional tags. If you want to upload a 3D video to YouTube, you'll need to enable the option to save in 3D under the privacy box.
4. The next thing is to enable the following options:
- Upload project: you can choose a profile from the drop-down list. Type your file name and choose the location.
- Upload the file: choose the file from the open video file and click open.
5. Set the following options:
- Create the preview range: The section selected is the one between trim markers.
- Enable smart reader: it analyzes the video for rendered sections.
6. Click start
You'll see a message once the upload is complete.
Get started with VideoStudio
VideoStudio allows you to record videos easily. We'll help you through the steps and get your videos online in no time.
Need to Download VideoStudio?
Download a free 30 day trial now!