If you are a content guru, you may already have a YouTube channel where you get to showcase your craft to the world. From videos with artistic content and educational material or promotional content to documentaries and compilations, there are numerous ways to make a name for yourself on YouTube.
However, along the way, you may have noticed that you can only upload videos that are 15 minutes long, or shorter than that, on the platform. This could limit your potential to give your viewers the best content possible, as it is difficult to stuff a lot of information into only 15 minutes. This could be why you might be pondering how to be able to upload longer videos on YouTube.
In this post, we will reveal what you need to do to upload longer videos on YouTube. However, first, we'll take a look at whether longer videos are better for the platform.
Are longer videos better for YouTube?
YouTube limits the length of the content you can upload by default to prevent issues with copyright infringement. However, many content creators and companies still manage to post long videos. In fact, some of the most popular content creators create videos lasting for about 30 minutes. This allows them to exhaustively showcase their content while keeping viewers engaged.
Longer videos are advantageous if you are planning to monetize your channel. The longer your content is, the more the space for advertisements. This will ensure that you can mint as much revenue as possible from the ads.
The YouTube algorithm also favors longer videos because they tend to keep viewers engaged in a particular topic, which means more time on YouTube. Therefore, making longer videos could see your content ranking higher than those with short clips.
How to upload long videos on YouTube
To create longer videos on YouTube, you first need to verify your account. After that, you can upload and publish videos stretching up to 12 hours or 128Gb in size, whichever comes first. Below is a step-by-step for verifying your account to unlock upload of longer videos:
- On your computer, visit https://www.youtube.com/verify
- Choose whether you would like YouTube to send you a verification code via SMS or call you with an automated voice message
- Select your country
- Enter your phone number
- Enter the 6-digit verification code in the area specified
The following are some tips to keep in mind about how to upload videos longer than 15 minutes on YouTube:
- Ensure that you have updated your browser to its latest version to make it possible for you to upload files larger than 20 GB
- Your channel should be free of active Community Guidelines strikes to be able to upload longer videos
- Check for copyright claims and strikes of any video that you are having difficulties uploading
- If you are yet to verify your account and are uploading a long video, you will have to verify the account as soon as you finish uploading your video. You should click the "Verify Account" button that appears next to the video and then publish the video by going to your account manager and clicking "Activate this Video." Automatically, it will be set to private so take note to adjust your privacy settings later on if you need to
Always ensure you have the best video before you upload
If you want to intrigue your viewers and keep them interested in your content, you need to ensure that you upload top-quality videos. You can do this by using VideoStudio to edit your videos professionally. VideoStudio is a fun and easy software equipped with hundreds of effects, graphics, transitions, filters, and titles that will enable you to produce videos that impress and inspire.
YouTube offers a platform for you to showcase your unique video content to numerous people all over the world. You should create longer videos to get more engagement on the site and have better chances of monetizing your account. However, to do that, you should first verify your account. After shooting your videos, use VideoStudio to edit them professionally and better capture your audience's attention.
Need to Download VideoStudio?
Download a free 30 day trial now!