If you are concerned about how to edit videos on Android, you have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss some methods you can use to edit a video on an Android phone. This includes the videos recorded by your phone camera and any others you may have gotten from multiple sources such as online or sent from your friends' devices. But first, let us look at some of the reasons why you might want to edit the videos on your Android phone.
Why edit videos on Android?
Editing involves the manipulation and rearrangement or combination of video clips. You could do this for professional reasons or to just make the quality of the videos you have on your Android phone better. This can include when creating content for social media, workshops, and other uses.
The following are some benefits of editing videos on your phone:
- Removing unwanted footage. Not all the scenes or footage you captured may be necessary. You need to edit the video to remove the parts you do not need.
- Choosing the best shots and footage. Editing also allows you to determine which of the scenes you need the most for the video project you have at the moment.
- Creating the right flow for your video. Learning how to combine videos on Android will be beneficial when you need to order and reorder some of the scenes and fix certain partitions together.
- Adding audio. Learning how to add music to a video on Android, for instance, can help you add different songs in different parts of your videos. You could also add other audio, other than the sound that the video had during the point it was recorded.
- Enhancing video quality. You can make your video sharper, clearer, or more interesting to watch by adding various forms of filters, effects, or other additional elements.
How to edit videos on Android
There are a variety of techniques you can use to edit videos on your Android phone. They include:
Method 1: Using Google Photos
Google Photos is one of the apps available on every Android phone. It lets you store the pictures and videos you have on your phone in your Google account, making them accessible from anywhere and on any device with an internet connection. It also has a functionality that enables you to cut or trim the videos you have recorded. Get the app from Play Store if it's not already installed on your phone.
The following are the steps for how to trim a video on Android using Google Photos:
- Launch the app and open the video you need to edit
- After the video starts playing, tap the screen on its sides to display editing actions
- Select the "Edit" icon, normally found at the lower center position of the screen and denoted by three horizontal lines with a vertical line cutting through each
- Two white edit handles will appear on either side of the video. Tap and hold the edit handle to the side you want to edit and drag it toward the center of the video and release it at the position where you need the video to reach. Edit the other end in the same manner if you need to adjust its length too
- Tap the "Save Copy" button that appears at the top-right corner to finish the process
Method 2: Using built-in capabilities on Samsung Android phone
Samsung is one of the most popular Android phones and its inbuilt Gallery app has intuitive features for editing videos. You can use them by following these steps:
- Open the video you want to edit on your Samsung device
- Select the "Pencil" icon at the bottom of the screen
- Crop the video by tapping and dragging either of the white edit handles that appear on both sides of the video at the bottom
- Select the "Save" button if you do not wish to make additional changes
- You can make additional changes, if desired, by tapping the editing toolbar which has options for enhancing beauty, adding filters, adding stickers and emoji, adjusting the video's play speed, tweaking the video's color and temperature, adding closed captioning, and music, among other options.
Why you may want something better
On numerous occasions, you may want to edit your video professionally. This will require advanced software that has more functionalities than the apps available on your Android phone. VideoStudio, which is the best video editing software currently available, can help. Its video masking options, powerful color grading, smart tools, optimized performance, and wide collection of premium effects will allow you to make incredible videos in a fun and easy manner.
All you have to do is download your video onto a PC and start editing it with VideoStudio's advanced features. The software is user-intuitive to support beginners and also equipped with creative tools that every professional editor will appreciate.
When it comes to editing videos on your Android phone, you can either use apps like Google Photos or the inbuilt Gallery available on Samsung phones. However, you should consider going for professional software like VideoStudio when you need excellent results.
Need to Download VideoStudio?
Download a free 30 day trial now!