Video-sharing has become a primary form of communication. Whether users want to share experiences with a small group of people or release a masterpiece to the world, they can do it with online video. Videos are uploaded onto personal and public websites, both for fun and for profit.
When a video is uploaded onto a sharing site, it has a greater chance of getting views. For professionals, Vimeo is a preferred site for sharing their work.
This guide will show you how to upload your videos to Vimeo.
What is Vimeo?
Vimeo is an online video platform for watching and sharing videos. Started back in 2004, Vimeo describes itself as a place for creative professionals to easily show off their work. The start-to-finish platform makes it easy for pros to get their work online quickly in just a few steps.
Vimeo provides a good way to get videos in front of viewers fast using any device. Users can only upload videos that they personally own.
How to upload a video to Vimeo on their platform
Uploading a video onto the Vimeo platform is easy using the webpage or mobile app. Whether using a computer or a mobile device, the process is similar.
- From the Vimeo homepage, click "New Video" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click "Upload" on the drop-down list.
- Select your privacy settings.
- Choose the video you want to upload, from your computer or the cloud.
- Follow the onscreen instructions for uploading.
- While the video is uploading, fill in information such as title and description. Save.
When upload is complete, use the thumbnail image to view, share, etc.
Uploading with the mobile app
- In the Vimeo app, hit the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the video you want to upload from the camera roll.
- Edit video, if needed, then hit "Done."
- If no editing is required, press "Skip."
- Fill in information and privacy settings.
- Tap "Upload" in the top right corner to finish.
View or share your video directly from the app.
How to upload from VideoStudio
VideoStudio allows you to upload to Vimeo from within the software. All you have to do is drag and drop the video you want to upload. The entire process is handled for you.
Before sharing, save a version of your project to the native .vsp format. This will give you some flexibility if you want to re-edit or share your project in a different format later.
With VideoStudio you can:
- Capture your footage with built-in tools that help you create your production.
- Use advanced features like color grading, video masking, more than 2000 customizable filters, and premium effects to help you go beyond basic editing.
- Upload your project directly to Vimeo.
When you have VideoStudio installed, you can edit and upload your videos directly onto Vimeo to view and share them across devices.
Professional editing and sharing with VideoStudio
With VideoStudio installed, you can go directly from professionally editing your video to sharing it. Onscreen instructions help you complete the setup process.
Sharing to sites like Vimeo is as simple as pressing an upload button. One of the best video sharing solutions out there, VideoStudio helps you share your videos faster. Easy to use video share features within the software make the process easy. All you have to do is decide how you want to share your work and press START. Your video will render and distribute to Vimeo for easy sharing and getting your work out there faster.
Need to Download VideoStudio?
Download a free 30 day trial now!